The latest (January 2022) Ministry Animator newsletter from Cheryl Gaver, is now available.
See the newsletter archive page here.
This edition includes a ,list of "closures" - congregations that have reverted to online worship due to the rapid increase in COVID cases in our area.
(04-jan-22) Due to the increase in COVID cases in the Ottawa area, some churches in the presbytery have suspended in-person worship for the time being.
As of January 4, 2022
nine churches are holding services both online & in-person,
nine churches are holding services online only and
three churches are holding services in-person only.
- Employment opportunity...
St. Timothy's Church (1400 Alta Vista Drive) is seeking an Office Administrator. This is a part time, paid position three mornings a week,
3-4 hours per day for general office duties. For further information please contact the church office at 613-733-0131 or email them at
- Barrhaven news: Presbytery at it's regular meeting on November 16 accepted the (amended) recommendations of it's Mission Committee
- that Presbytery invite the worshipping community of Barrhaven Mission to move into St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, Ottawa, as a small group under the spiritual care of St. Paul's and
- that Presbytery discontinue the present worshiping community and the outreach work of Barrhaven Presbyterian Mission.
- Paul Wu was inducted into St. Giles church in Nov. 2020. He's been familiarizing himself with the ministry and history of the church, and in February
he reached waaaaay out and called long-time member of St. Giles Pauline Brown, who lives in Jobat, India. 2021 marks 70 years since Pauline's commissioning
to the mission field. Paul was giving a message on Peter's mother-in-law, about women serving the Lord, and that brought him to call and chat with
Pauline. See a recent pic of Pauline in our photo gallery, including an excerpt from his sermon.
- Congratulations to Enoch Lee on his ordination to the Ministry of Word and Sacraments at Cote de Neiges church, Montreal Sunday October 24, 2021,
and on his ordained mission appointment to St. Edward's Presbyterian Church, Beauharnois QC. See a photo in our photo gallery.
- The 146th meeting of the Synod of Quebec & Eastern Ontario took place on Friday October 15 from 9:30 to 12:30, via Zoom.
All presbyters on the roll of the five Presbyteries (Quebec, Montreal, Seaway-Glengarry, Ottawa & Lanark-Renfrew) were invited to attend.
More info here, including reports.
- the "church online" page has been updated with information to November 16;
nineteen congregations have resumed in-person worship,
eighteen continue to offer virtual services,
three offer in-person only and
two offer online only.
- now available for download: PCC 2021 Acts & Proceedings
and (2021) Book of Forms here.
- A Statement Regarding Residential Schools... The PCC laments the discovery of unmarked graves on the grounds of former residential schools in
Canada. A statement has been issued under the signatures of the moderators of the 2021 and 2019 General Assemblies reflecting our sorrow. Read the statement
and more here.
- "NOT SECURE" got you worried? More info on websites and SSL Certificates in the webserant's report to the May 2019 meeting of Presbytery, available (in advance)
- Presbytery QR codes, including background info, a QR code for the Presbytery of Ottawa, one for Presbytery Youth and a link to a QR code generator.